|Full Name||Fu Yin|
|Date of Birth||18th October, 1996|
- 2022 - Now
- Major in Geophysics
- Advised by Prof. Jonathan Ajo-Franklin
- Thesis, ongoing
- July, 2022
- Advised by Prof. Ruijia Wang
- Focus on Induced Earthquake
- 2019 - 2022
- Major in Geological Engineering
- Advised by Prof. Baoshan Wang
- Thesis, Uncertainty Assessment of Source Parameters and Ambient Noise Imaging in DAS Observation.
- 2018 - 2019
- Advised by Prof. Junlun Li
- 2015 - 2019
- Major in Geo-Information Science and Technology
- Advised by Prof. Zhihui Zou
- Thesis, Study on Focal Mechanism of Small Earthquakes in Hutubi Gas Storage Area.
Ambient Noise Monitoring and Imaging
- High-Performance cross-correlation code
- New imaging algorithm
Earthquake Source Inversion
- Uncertainty assessment of source parameters
- Source parameters' analysics
- Bayesian inference (MCMC, reversible-jump MCMC, HMC and NUTS)
- Distributed acoustic sensing technique (DAS)
- High-Performance computing (HPC)
- See the publications page for a full list of publications.
- 2021.09 - 2021.11
Hefei Downhole DAS Observation Experiment
- Downhole Seismic Observation Based on DAS Technique, Hefei, China, installed 36 short-period stations (Z-land) around the 400-m optical cable.
- 2020.09 - 2020.10
Baijiatuan DAS Observation Experiment
- Seismic Observation Based on DAS Technique, Beijing, China, installed 23 short-period stations (EPS), 47 short-period stations (Smartsolo), and 8 broadband stations around the 1-km optical cable.
- Spring, 2021
- Teaching assitant at USTC course
- Designed and led a campus experiment of ambient noise observation with 10 short-period stations; taught Nakamura(HVSR) and SPAC method, including theory, code and assignments.
Open Source Projects
- 2022 - now
- Seismology tools in DAS data.
- 2021 - 2022
- A python package designed for seismic source study. It provides functionality for focal mechanism inversion and source parameters analysis.
- 2022 - now
- A notebook mainly about my scientific notes and gains in learning programming and geophysics
- A Latex template including book, thesis, and assignment for Rice and USTC university.
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Academic Report Nomination Award and Outstanding Academic Poster Award of the 2 ndEngineering Postgraduate Academic Forum, University of Science and Technology of China, China.
- First-class Scholarship for Academics, University of Science and Technology of China, China
- Science and Technology Achievement Award, Ocean University of China, China
- 1 st place at 5 th Applied Geophysical Skills Competition, Ocean University of China, China
- Second-class award at the 15th Extracurricular Academic Science and Technology Works Competition, Shandong Association for Science and Technology. [top 3%]
- Outstanding Volunteer, People's Government of Shandong, China
- Python, C/C++, Julia, MATLAB, Bash, HTML/CSS, LaTeX
- SAC, PyGMT, ObsPy, TauP, Pykonal, gCAP, NoisePy, SeisIO, SeisNoise, CC-FJpy, SPECFEM2D, OpenSWPC, Frequency-Wavenumber